grab this presentation at
why would you try to solve a silo problem by creating a new silo?
What was the end result?
Bitching from the 'operations' team that 'devops' broke something.Bitching from the 'development' team that 'devops' broke something.
did you ever get so mad you made a devops team?
DevOps is not...
- PR for what we’ve always done
- giving developers the root password
- All Systems Administrators should write code and all developers need to rack servers
- We don’t need Systems Administrators – we’re DevOps and we use the Cloud!
- require you to use tool xxxx
- We are a large enterprise and the vendor tools cannot be automated, we cant practice DevOps
job titles are in many ways just another way to communicate, to broadcast an intent and a need.@spikelab
We are building a DevOps team from scratch and would love to talk to you- recruiter
Meetups are like our union. We make sure nobody's getting screwed.
develop the testing framework
let the hate build inside
take ownership of the release
take the blame
focus the hate
blame robots, not humans
fix the feel
DevOps broke it
OMG it's broken is this a DevOps thing?
How do we make sure this is right?
looks pretty sweet